HELPS FOR PARENTS
A new autism resource page from my favorite company: http://a.advancedbrain.com/landing/autism.jsp
Move To Learn – a diagnostic tool to be used before paying the experts
Go to the bottom of the first page for a “free interactive LD profile test” which will help you determine the areas of concern for your child. Please note that the directions recommend for you to address any nutritional issues first.
Parent Education Network – free, state funded advice on IEP process
2107 Industrial Highway, York, PA 17402
717-600-0100 V/TTY or 1-800-522-5827 V/TTY
or 1-800-441-5028 (Spanish), 717-600-8101 fax
VoiceNation – Special education resources for parents and educators.
Carolyn Heil, PT – developmental physical therapies
Developmental Delay Resources – A nonprofit organization, based in Pittsburgh, dedicated to meeting the needs of those working with children who have developmental delays in sensory motor, language, social, and emotional areas. DDR publicizes research into determining identifiable factors that would put a child at risk and maintains a registry, tracking possible trends.
LD Online – Packed full of information on learning disabilities. Join their forum and post questions online.
Write Brain – Much more than just a handwriting program by Jeanette Farmer. Highly recommended!
Dr. Trent Nichols
Center for Nutrition and Digestive Disorders
195 Stock Street
Hanover PA 17331
The Institute for Neuro-Physiological Psychology (INPP) can help children with specific learning difficulties, coordination & behavioural problems. Go to the bottom of the page to complete the “Developmental Questionnaire.”
Sensory and motor homunculus
A homunculus shows what our bodies would look like if each part grew in proportion to the area of its brain. This illustrates the importance of movement to learning.
Infinity Walk is a promising method for accelerating learning and performance for many adults and children.
Lenny Mazza, Doctor of Chiropractic – enhances overall wellness and facilitates the natural healing process
Alliance Chiropractic Wellness Center
23 Springs Ave., Unit C1, Gettysburg PA
Sue White – local naturally raised beef for those concerned about eating naturally
5 Chapel Ridge Road, Gettysburg PA
Math U See
See elearning section for “online drill” with a worksheet generator and interactive practice of math number facts, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Ways That Work
Turn The Tables – a math facts multiplication program
P.O. Box 2268
Shingle Springs, CA 95682
Toll Free: 800-914-MATH (6284)
Phone/Fax Orders: 530-676-9994
Math Playground – Practice your math skills, play a logic game and have some fun! For grades K through 6.
Thinking Blocks – a brilliant, easy way to teach and model math concepts
Websites for Twice Exceptional Children (Gifted and Learning Disabled)
Super sites with free articles:
Accommodations for the SAT:
Gifted Homeschooling Curriculum Help
ADDITIONAL FAVORITE ONLINE SITES
Articles and Documents:
• Music program helps learning problems by Holly Fletcher,
Gettysburg Times Correspondent, November 29, 2006.(Microsoft Word document)
• Teaching Vs Training by Accomplished Learning Centre, #106 – 32868 Ventura Avenue, Abbotsford, BC V2S 6J3 CANADA [PACE provider in Canada]
• 7 Things Every Parent and Educator Should Know About Learning Challenges by Jill Stowell, M.S. of Stowell Learning Center [PACE provider in CA]
• Help! My Child Has Just Been Diagnosed With Learning Disabilities. Tell Me What That Means. Where Can I Get Help? What Should I Do? by Jill Stowell, M.S. of Stowell Learning Center [PACE provider in CA]
• Fernridge Press – For information that allows you to be the detective in finding out how to help your child WITHOUT DRUGS, download the free articles on this website. Especially read the article titled Mutism, Elective Mutism, Selective Mutism.
• The Lost Art of Questioning by Jill Stowell, M.S. – of Stowell Learning Center [PACE provider in CA]
• Guide to Home Remodeling for Disability and Special Needs: http://www.expertise.com/home-and-garden/home-remodeling-for-disability-and-special-needs